Saturday, March 13, 2010

Really have no good excuse

I have been busy yes but I keep saying I need to take photos of all the outfits I've been in and post them but I'm not getting around to it so I should really just post the updates. The shows went well as a I told you last time. The next big thing was another MPI Graduation show which honestly went fantastic short of missing in action models. The designer was happy at the end of the day and the models who were there ROCKED their lag plagued butts off. This was going on at the same time as my participation in the Miss Fashion 2010 contest. My designer, Ginevra Lancaster of Ginevra Lancaster Designs, was amazing and gave me a very sexy burlesque inspired outfit--named after me no less--to wear during the festivities. I will admit I was sick as a dog and was fuzzy most of the time so I'm not sure if I was doing my best but for the first time in any competition I have entered I made it to the finals. Yeah me, go Rouge lol. That meant another quick design week for Ginevra but since she was just so fierce that she got two models into the finals she did a play off of each outfit. Alii wore a moon inspired outfit and I got to represent the sun. When it was all said and done and we actually made it to the show day, I was just hoping not to crash off the runway or embarrass Ginevra. I didn't expect to win as there were stunning outfits there but wow came in third and wasn't expecting that EITHER. I was disappointed for Ginevra because I think she did a stellar job with five days to whip up two original outfits for the contest. It was fun though and let me hang out with models I knew but hadn't worked together a lot with. Might have to brush up on Italian if I plan to enter again lol. I think that's it for now. See ya everyone and eventually I will get to the photos.

0 comments: