Wednesday, September 23, 2009

bad rouge

I keep saying I need to post but then I get distracted or get sick and it just doesn't happen. There have been a few changes going on since the last time I posted. For one thing I have a new official job, two technically. MPI is allowing me to work as one of the the stylists that consults with new hires and I'm on the team to organize new shows but I need to actually sit down and go over that with the rest of the team who have a slate of things in the works. It's been interesting and fun to help the girls I've spoken to work on their looks and try to help them out the same way folks have done with me over my time in the industry. I hope they are getting the most from it and we are building a strong agency as a result.

My TE Kingdom is sponsoring a fashion challenge in a few months and I have agreed to help out with organizing the models and the walk for it. We have had a tremendous response already and may just end up choosing exclusively from that group but I still want to have a formal casting to make sure we have the best selection for the designers. But it's giving me more exposure to the side of runway work that I wanted to gain. And after helping out with the Miss Refined International September casting with MPI I'm getting a better idea of timing issues and the importance of a good cue. Being in shows helps with that too. What's too long to pose, what's too short? Finding poses that complete in that time frame and still give everyone a good look at the clothes. I'll keep hammering that out as I try to get my hands in more and more things.

My graduation show with Maniera is this weekend and there's a Halloween fashion show with JSE this weekend. I'm waiting on my outfits to style for the graduation show but have a ton of outfits that I can wear for the Halloween show so that will rock as long as I'm not dealing with a crazy migraine like today. I am also now on staff with Model's Workshop which is cool. I'm looking forward to working with them and seeing different ideas come to fruition. I'll be leading a workshop or two eventually but want to get my feet set under me first. There is also an opportunity to help out with JSE's blog and Miramar as one of their academy folks. I'll try to get my applications in for those before I log off tonight but that's only if I can get the migraine to stay gone.

I've applied for a few more contests and didn't make the cut for two and haven't heard back on the third but hey taking new photos and trying new things out is super helpful in expanding my looks and my eye for detail. I think that's it for now. If I have time to take pictures once I get the outfits I will, otherwise you'll get them sometime next week.

love ya guys,
rouge

0 comments: