Monday, October 19, 2009

the skin i'm in phase 2



Hey everyone,

I know you've heard me complain about my face looking weird to me in new skins. But I've never really shown you what I mean. I am a demo queen because I have no idea how much different I'm going to look from the display model when I take them home. Some alterations are minor for me and others just make me cringe when I'm in them in the safety of my home. I rarely pay much attention to freebie skins for this reason but after seeing everyone just rave about the Fionna skin from Free Spirit I did check it out. The group seems great and the other merchandise is cool there too, however, after trying on the skin (featured in the middle) I wasn't sure who I was looking at. The tone is fantastic and the shading on the makeup is quite lovely too but my face had little in common with day to day me. And yes I know I could do some alterations and go from there but I like to see how close I am from the start before I decide to tweak at all. Great skin just not my new skin, and I have been looking for a new skin in the tone I normally wear because well it's just getting a little old. The skin at the bottom is the new LeLutka skin Eclat in dark umber. Now I love the tone again I think it's great and this is much closer to daily me (which is Imani from Laqroki in ebony for those that might be interested) but everything felt a little too big. Fantastic skin just again not one I was ready to convert for.

I went through a few others but didn't take any pictures and as I was prepping to go back on my self imposed skin hiatus I got a new texture from Laqroki. Woot new brown skin came in and I scurried my little touchie right on over to check it out. Again love the tone, it's a little darker, not majorly so though, than the Imani skin and the shading around the nose is a little harder but I didn't look so dramatically different that my head hurt or was I slightly saddened that another skin wouldn't work. The Jewel skin (on the bottom) gives me a few different options for looks (well more than a few it came as a 10-pack) in a tone I love and that didn't make me unrecognizable all of a sudden. I wore it in a shoot last night and can't say that I am at all unhappy with it. Go Laqroki and I do have to mention Mallory was very cordial when I asked when the new ebony skins would be released and promised it would be in a few weeks. And boom Jewel is here. Thanks.



I promise to keep this next part brief. French Vogue is catching some flack because they published images of a very blonde very Danish model in what amounts to Black face. Their defenders are saying the images are not derogatory because they portray Black beauty in a positive light. That might be true if it was actually a Black model but it's not. It's a very White model who in no shape or fashion should have been made up this way. It brings up horrible, painful images to Blacks in the US and those around the planet who have been victimized and told they were somehow inferior because their skin was darker. There are too many fantastic Black models available for this to have even been a thought. It wasn't cutting edge, it wasn't high fashion, it was insensitive at best and downright rude at its worse. I won't republish the images but if you want to see them please click the LINK here.

0 comments: