Monday, May 25, 2009

Incredible Randomness

I really meant to come update the blog last night with my random shopping adventures. I try not to get shopping happy on SL because I can quickly become bankrupt trolling my favorite shops. And I try really hard to ignore the sale notices because that's like invitations to free crack lol. But this weekend Pixel Mode was having a 50L sale so I couldn't pass that up right?!? One problem, I was fixed in my head that it was PixelDolls lol as I had been there and seen similar sales lol. Well not so much and there were lovely things there and I found the cutes shoes EVER along with a great fat pack of boots. I tell a few friends and fellow models on the JCNY runway and vow to stop spending lindens for the day. One tiny problem, turns out PixelDolls was also having a sale so of course I traipse over there and it's 50L/100L feast. And I joined the update group and oh my that was group gift heaven. By all means if you haven't joined their update group please do, as well as the one at Deviance which gives out lovely things as well. As a random aside, update groups are the bestest. They don't eat up group spots and don't ever seem to crash my inbox with tons of messages. Yeah update groups.

Okay so after my day of shopping and several hours on the JCNY runway I got an unexpected instant message. Unexpected and yeah fantastic. I was selected to be Model of the Week for SuperElite which ummm rocks. You can read all about boring little old me on the blog--link is in my blogroll. As soon as I remembered how to save a texture to my hard drive I was able to use the great picture that was taken for my first JCNY submission. I'm not sure what I did to catch anyone's radar but thanks to whomever thought of me and I am incredibly flattered to have been chosen. I should get back to trolling SL and prepping dinner so we can eat all afternoon and watch basketball.

Love ya,
Rouge

0 comments: