Friday, May 22, 2009

Surprise Surprise

Okay so I was fully prepared to log on Wednesday night and tell you all about my JCNY experience and how fantastic the week had been. And that I had really enjoyed the time and was sorry to see it end. I can still tell you all of those things because it was a great week and I did learn a lot and make some new friends as everyone talks about. The girls were fantastic and friendly, it was a good boost to my confidence in general and has encouraged me to keep entering other contests. Not to mention it's been interesting talking to all the people who wander over to the runway because you never know what the conversation is going to be like and how much you're going to enjoy it. I have to say that it's been encouraging to hear all the well wishes from those that do stop to speak and it's been great encouraging other people to apply. Being on the runway has also made me think I kinda like doing this and I think I might be good at it. So as I was saying before I started rambling there. I was prepared to come and tell you all of those things. But as I was wrapping up my time on the runway the notice came out about the new models for Week 4 and yours truly was on it again. So were a few girls from last week which rocks cause I like talking to people and everyone has been great like I said before. So maybe next week I'll wrap up what it's been like to be on the JCNY runway and all the stuff I've learned.

Speaking of learning. Via the "model looking for work" group in SL I learned about another group "Model's Workshop" that was hosting a runway show for less experienced models. Hey that sounds like me and I did jump on it and got selected along with the rest of the other models that applied. Not all of us will be in the show due to scheduling issues it looks like but I could be wrong as I'm on mid-afternoon to late evening on SL. Anyhoo they also do a great job of informing you of random thing you might want to know about modeling from poses to shoes. They host free workshops that are great and encourage conversation. If you are new the modeling scene join both groups if you can make space. They have helped me greatly in hearing about castings, contests and the like. I'm debating entering a few other contests but I think I will. The worst thing that could happen is I get rejected. Best case I'm all over the place and tired when I log off because I've worked my pixelated booty off. Till next time.

0 comments: