Saturday, May 30, 2009

it's the weekend baby!?!?!?!

Ok so yesterday I assumed I'd have a relatively good weekend with little to do but attend rehearsals and shake my moneymaker on the JCNY runway---okay so maybe shake is a bit of an exaggeration but I was gonna be down there posing. Well I was wrong of course. First my late evening appointment to straighten my hair was postponed till this afternoon. Now I told her then I had an appointment at 6 and needed to be out of there. But any woman any where, and some of you men who have been waiting for us women, know time moves like molasses on the weekend in a hair salon. What should have taken a few hours, three at most, took 5 instead. So of course I was late for my appointment and rushed back home. The appointment was dress rehearsal for the Model's Workshop runway show tomorrow. Thankfully they were very understanding and I think I did well for the part I was there but I soooooooooooooo hate being late.

I've also been looking at random contest notecards coming my way and some things look interesting and others well just don't. Most of them want you to join their update group, which in the day of limited group space, is a slight problem. If SL ever did expand the group limits no issues at all but I have been leaving groups left and right these days that I don't really need or aren't active just in order to keep the 20 ish I have now. Not a lot of room to play with. That and because I am being more active with the modeling I'm wary of certain types of contests and have just had some odd interactions with a few of the contest promoters I've seen. Granted it could be me and my perception of them may be skewed but it makes me hesistant to enter. And that may be to my detriment, cause hey exposure is exposure. But I have to wonder if exposing myself to repeated rejection at the hands of the same person is even remotely logical lol. Ahh well, we live and learn.

My time as a showcase model for this month is winding down. Monday the May winner will be announced and I will take a break. I've loved doing what I'm doing but it's a bit tiring after awhile especially when you're there basically by yourself. It's great when the other models are there but everyone has noted the fatigue that sets in after awhile. I will definitely be applying again though, sometime next month for sure. It's a fantastic opportunity and everyone should take the chance if you are given it.

The last thing I will ramble on about is my unfortunate shopping habit. I say unfortunate primarily because I don't need any more of anything I buy really. I have a ton of formal dresses and hair and skins and shoes but I so hate when I hear about a sale. I will check it out if nothing else and every now and then I manange to not buy anything there. Alatiel caught me last night and Sascha's mainly cause I wanted a purple dress for Monday---Monday is wear purple day in honor of those still in the middle of a cancer battle. I also stumbled upon Savvy Avvy which oh my goodness if you have never been there by all means check it out. And then I finally got over to Maitreya's hair store. I love several of them and you can't be 700L for a fatpack of hair. I seriously doubt I'll need white hair but dang it I have it now lol.

All righty, enough of me. Have a good one boys and girls

Rouge

0 comments: