Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And the Winner is.....or In Other News

First things first, the runway show went AMAZING. No one crashed, the sim was actually full, no one tripped off the runway (like yours truly did in her 2nd graduation show) and the crowd seemed to have a blast. A few people were there that I knew from JCNY so really appreciate the support. Everyone else just seemed to be enjoying the fact that we styled ourselves and found the right poses to accentuate the outfits and not take away from them. I sincerely thank everyone who told me that I was beautiful or that I had a great walk. I can't wait till I get the chance to do it again because for the first time I wasn't super worried about the falling or the crashing and just focused on hitting my poses. Join the Model's Workshop if for no other reason than it's a great group and you'll likely enjoy it a lot.

Okay so we still don't know who won yet. SL was acting wonky yesterday and JCNY didn't want to have anyone miss out on the activities so the big announcement for May Model'Fest winner will happen this afternoon---which happens to be my early day so yeah I won't miss it. I did give in and go get another outfit cause while I was loving the purple gown I was rocking from Sascha's it was partially purchased because yesterday was wear purple day. Actually I got two outfits. My partner thinks I look good in soft colors and we argued over one until I found one that would work for me. But then the net went down and I didn't get to go into make it look perfect mode. Instead I worked on some pictures that had just been laying around and took some more for the Angel Dessous Angel of the Month contest. I had one that might work but in retrospect I'm glad that I went out and took more pictures. One it was just a lot of fun and two it gave me a chance to play with enviornment settings in world to change the shots I was getting. So far I've only uploaded the ones I submitted and the original raw shots I had to my flikr account but I will be tossing in the best of the others just because I think they kinda rock. Speaking of flikr, you can see what I've uploaded and toyed around with now on the page. I'd recommend going to the flikr page directly but hey whatever works for ya.

Okay so we've talked about my minor shopping addiction especially when something is on sale. The past few days, when I was on shopping hiatus, I broke down and just let it rip. Marly's is going out of business. It's a very cute vintage shop that I had never heard of before now which is probably good as I would have been broke. I found tons of cute hair (including the pixie cut I am wearing in some of my flikr shots) there as well as some cute swimwear, dresses and the like. I also stumbled over into the Einstein group sim (phoenix rising and the crew)---please keep me out of there. Too much cute stuff and a lot of cute jewelry either free or 1L scattered about the store. I might enter their Model of the Month contest if I hear about it soon. Didn't see any news about it on their page in May so I'll just have to wait. And last night right before the sale ended I happened to end up in Zaara. There are lots of beautiful things there but the traditional Indian clothing is what I ran over for hoping I hadn't missed out because I was trying to be good and not be all over the grid shopping. Turns out the fatpack of the bridal wardrobe I wanted was marked down to just over 250 of what it normally cost to buy one of them. So I bought those and one other outfit and skipped on out of there.

So now I really have three options to wear to the finals and I doubt anyone would be in any of them but we JCNY models do have good taste so who rightfully knows. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

0 comments: