Monday, June 15, 2009

Just Keep Swimming


newstand3
Originally uploaded by Rouge Anthony
Well it's been a few days since I've even thought about posting. I was busy with rl job until Friday and then this weekend my brain was just kinda on the fried side. In the middle of my fourth week at JCNY, I'm probably busier than ever. The runway is still kind to me which is good, we have been exchanging note cards about sales, castings, agency applications and workshop notes which have been good to have and exchange. I'm a big believer in spreading the good karma around even though it may not come back to me initially, it probably will sooner or later.

I've put out a few more agency applications lately and have heard back from one of them and was hired. Another one has said they were swamped with apps but would get back to us ASAP and well the other hasn't said much but hey that is the nature of the business. Not everyone will love what they see in my portfolio or will feel I'm a good fit for their agency. Miss Virtual World for the month has now closed and here lies the not so painful wait for them to announce who made it to the live callbacks. I say not so painful because honestly I was just glad to get it out because I wasn't sitting quietly at home wishing I had done it. I'm so not anticipating leapfrogging over the plethora of models (for example 8 rows or so of 17 pictures and another 10 rows of probably 10 pictures) to be in consideration for the actual contest. Would it rock? Only totally and completely. Am I holding my breath? Well not so much. I also entered the Next Top Model Competition and expect to hear something I guess this week about if I'm a yay or a nay and then what to do if I made it.

The picture above in this post is for the DCNY contest. I chose the Farrah in red and thought it would look cute with the sort of page boy hat and hair from ETD. That made me think Newsies (the old movie) and thus a news stand was sought out to take the photos. You can't really see it in that picture but in a few others on Flikr you can read the whole sign behind me and you should cause it's funny. For someone reason the picture overall is looking much darker on this computer than it did when i was tweaking it on my laptop. May have to adjust it later. All the fashion details are attached with the photo. Now I'm going to try to stay awake until it's time for my last client of the day and then try not to yell at people as I speed down the highway.

Have a good one,
Rouge

0 comments: