Friday, June 5, 2009

Fashion in Review

This will probably be a semi regular post depending on my schedule, ability to track and not get fascinated by the clothes during a show and the ability to get good pictures during that process. You know lag is a bear at almost all fashion shows in SL so that could because a problem. It managed to mix up the order of a few pics I was taking it seemed so I had to relabel some of the ones I caught.

So Thursday ended up being great for my show attendance. As I checked my notices when I logged onto SL I saw that Sascha's was hosting Sonia28 Jie's fashion at her runway later that afternoon. After roaming the grid, I found a spot near the end of the runway so I could try to take a few pics while the models were doing their turn on the catwalk. For those of you not familiar with Sonia28 Jie she makes fabulous clothes for her store Son!a. Her designs are amazingly detailed and run the gamut of detailed and delicate to fun and flirty. Be sure to check her out in world when you get a chance. Let me stop rambling and get on to the show.

The dresses were all immaculate styled and each was actually almost completely different from the ones that came out before it. The first dress to make its appearance was the Carry Wedding Dress. As someone who doesn't dig traditional white wedding dresses this was nothing short of a treat. It was layered beautifully with just enough vibrant color to make the dress pop but without it being overpowering.


After this dress hit the catwalk I wasn't sure what to expect, but there was a steady stream of dresses throughout the show with some models reappearing three or more times. The wedding dresses stood out in my brain more as I was watching the show progress with few exceptions as each seemed to provide an option to every bride including the almost whimsical Pirate Wedding Dress seen below.





I loved everything from the veil to the way the dress flowed as she walked and posed. That was common to almost every item that hit the runway. They all had a lovely flow to them as the models moved about and will surely cause people to remember you if you are ever hitting the scene in SL. As I said before Sonia28 Jie's store is full of a range of dresses that you might not be anticipating as you strolled inside her massive shop---give yourself an hour to wander around at least. The dress that seemed to capture everyone's attention was modeled by Opal Lei later in the show. Take a gander below.



To call this dress ornate would be an insult. You could literally see the dress morph like tree bark as she moved into certain positions. The netting seamlessly simulated a nice evening glow in the woods and wonder of wonders Opal managed to find the absolute perfect poses to accentuate the dress. It was stunning and a conversation piece when I returned to the runway at JCNY with the other models who attended the show. I think the only design that could outdo the Willow Tree was what Ms. Jie was wearing herself at the end of the show. Check out Flikr for a glimpse of that and all of the other designs that were featured that day. Before you head over to Son!a's and I'm sure you will after you see what she had on display, make sure to stock up on your lindens and take your shopping anonymous sponsor with you. It was a great show and if you weren't there be sure to enjoy the snapshots.

Son!a Show--Flikr link

0 comments: