Monday, June 15, 2009

Big Bad Blogger Challenge

I just saw this as I roaming the blogosphere instead of working and I'm a day or two behind so this one will be a two-fer.

How long have I been blogging and how has it enriched my life?

Well I guess it would depend on what you consider blogging. I've had a blog on blogspot under various names since 2005. My primary blog is more about my relationships and life in RL and well this is all about what I'm doing in SL with all my wonderful pixelated friends. I did do some minor blogging on BlackPlanet once upon a time and I'd be surprised if that thing was still up. Blogging lets me meet a lot of people in another virtual platform. They share their lives with me and vice versa and we are typically of good support to one another and can see the world through each other's eyes. I have met some fantastic friends that way--one of whom I need to send a belated birthday card to because I spazzed yesterday--and in general I've been able to develop more of whom I am and who I want to be because I'm alllowed to just spew stuff out sometimes and take risks that I wouldn't otherwise take.

What would my perfect day in SL be like?

Honestly I'm not sure. There are things that would rock mightily if they happened but I'm not sure if I would consider that perfect or not. It would be nice if the following things all occured on the same day and I am sure I wouldn't complain.

  • I'd be in a position to have to turn down work as a model because I was already booked solid with shows or shoots or the like with designers I admire and models I respect.
  • I would be safely over the number of required acres in Tiny Empires with a downline who lovedededed me and never wanted to go anywhere else so I could ascend and become queen of my own empire.
  • I could then have a party with the fabulous Kingdom I'm in, my new Queendom and all the folks that introduced me to the game and kept me playing.
  • I could spend that party in my partner's arms as we joked and I stepped on his toes---he's much taller than me.
  • We could relax for a bit before I head off to a runway show or contest in which I place, doesn't have to be first or second but top 10 would be a blast. If I won I'm sure I'd have to log off shortly there after so I could get amazingly toasty drunk cause I'd be in shock.
Last question from New World Notes: For the inventive bloggers out there, discuss a mixed reality application of Second Life you use now, or think could become generally useful in the future.

Not sure if this is what the blogger is looking for but on my goodness my life would be so fabulous if I could do a few things in RL that we do in SL and take for granted. While I like being a curvy girl, clearly, it might be nice once in a blue moon to get slinky via a mouseclick so that I could be the last amazing dress on the rack which is only available in a size 3. I don't think I was ever a size 3, I got curves in the 5th grade and was a 7 then. I don't really want to be taller unless I can stop from having pants hemmed or wearing heels in order to not have things dragging on the ground. Instant clothing fitting would be great as would being able the accesorize all of those things but really that's just one big category of altering appearance. The thing I would love the most and I think would have the biggest impact on humanity would be the ability to TP wherever we wanted to go. Cuts down on travel time, conserves energy for things we need it for, and could remove people from the system/area who aren't authorized to be so it could dramatically lower crime rates. It wouldn't necessarily work for the family to go at the same time like on Star Trek but getting up 30 minutes before work, showering and then teleporting to the office would be so wonderful. I could sleep in every morning or actually have breakfast instead of rushing out to fight traffic. I'm sure there would still be traffic around for massive transportation things or folks who didn't want to TP around the world but being able to go to work, a concert in Vegas, dancing in Paris and Rome and back before work again on Monday would be fantastic.

0 comments: